Products for Steel & Metal Processing
We Help Coil Converters and Coaters Run More Efficiently
With Our Bridle Rollers & Other Industrial Rollers
PRIMARY PRODUCTS SUPPLIED TO THE METALS INUDSTRY:
- Nip & Squeegee Rollers: Featuring a variety of abrasion & chemical resistant rollcovers
- Contact Rollers: Durable yet flexible compounds, grooved with a chevron or herringbone pattern
- Bridle Rollers: With a large-diameter fabrication capacity, Menges is your best choice for new bridle rollers
- Chill Rolls: If you're cooling stock in a continuous galvalizing line, we offer excellent replacement rolls
- Straightener & Leveling Rolls: Solid steel rollers for straightener presses are a Menges specialty
- Idlers & Work Rolls: We manufacture all types of new precision rollers for OEMs and end-users alike
- SuperSpander Rubber Mandrel Rings: Protect your stock with expandable Super Spander rubber rings
OUR SERVICES TO THE STEEL & METAL PROCESSING INDUSTRIES:
- Roll Re-Cover Services: Re-cover your rollers with one of our special urethane or synthetic compounds
- Grooving: Chevron grooves for contact rollers are just the start: we offer an array of groove options
- Cylindrical Grinding: Menges will 'true-up' those out of round flattening/straightening rollers
- Roller Balancing: Menges offers high-speed balancing as well as static balancing services
LET'S GET STARTED!
The Menges Team will analyze your needs to determine the optimal roll configuration for your application.
Call 847-487-8877 or click today and get started on an industry-leading bridle rollers from Menges Roller Company – the leaders in double-shell technology. We’ll help you run faster, reduce waste, and produce a better product.
MORE ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS FOR THE PAPER INDUSTRY
Pinch Roller Manufacturing
NIP & SQUEEGEE ROLLERS
Menges delivers the required strength for these rollers, and special rollcover compounds for high-compression nip systems.
- Rigid Construction of Proven Designs
- Double-Endplate Designs for High-Pressure Nips
- In-House Strength & Load-Capacity Testing
- Dozens of Specialty Rollcover Compounds Available
- Abrasion & Chemical-Resistant Rollcovers
- Precision Parabolic Crowning Options
- Nip Rollers Page
New Contact Rollers
We supply contact rollers to OEMs, coil converters & polishers - and we understand the different groove properties better than anyone.
- New Rolls Built to Withstand Years of Continuous Use
- Journals may be Double-Endplated for Extra Strength
- Precision Keyways & Custom Shafts for Drive Purposes
- Tear & Wear-Resistant Rubber Compounds
- Herringbone, Chevron & Continuous Flute Grooves
- Groove Land, Depth & Radius Specs to Meet Your Needs
- Contact Rollers Page
Bridle Rollers for Aluminum & Steel
New & replacement rolls can be built to fit any machine.
- Thick Wall & Endplate Construction
- Manufactured to Fit Standard or Custom Machines
- Many Urethane & Synthetic Rubber Rollcovers to Choose
- Crush & Compression-Resistant Rollcovers
- Equipped with Keyways & Drive Compatibility
- Large-Diamater Fabrication Capaciity: 48" / 121 cm
- Speak to a Menges Engineer about your Bridle Rollers needs
- Custom Rollers Page
Large Cooling Rolls
HEAT TRANSFER / CHILL ROLLER MANUFACTURING
Large chill rolls from Menges are found in continuous galvanizing lines and other important temperature modification operations.
- Double-Shelled, Spiral-Wrapped Designs
- Mono-Flow and Duo-Flow Configurations
- Designed with CFD Thermal Modeling Technology
- Maintain Target Temperatures from 20-600°F (10-315°C)
- Chrome, Nickle and Plasma Finishes Available
- Custom-Fabricated to Meet Exact Process Requirements
- Heat Transfer Rollers Page
Leveler Rollers from Menges
LEVELING & STRAIGHTENING ROLLERS
Leveling & straightening machines need precision-ground, heavy steel rollers - that's what Menges delivers to OEMs and end-users alike.
- Solid, Forged One-Piece Designs
- Capacity for Extra-Wide Rollers for Oversize Presses
- Stress Testing Available at Design Phase
- Rolls are Precision Ground In-House for Exact Diameters
- Splines and Keyways Machined as Needed
- Variety of Steel Grades Available to Meet Your Performance Traits
- Available for OEMs or End-Users Needing Replacement Rolls
- Large Rollers Page
Heavy-Duty Roller Manufacturing
WORK ROLLERS & OTHER MATERIAL HANDLING ROLLS
No matter what your application - even if its something new or experimental - Menges Roller is here to help with custom-engineered industrial roller solutions.
- Heavy-Duty Work Rollers for Any Process
- Billy Rollers, Carrier Rollers, Looper Rollers, Entry & Exit Rollers
- Solid One-Piece or Multi-Endplate Designs
- Hardshell Options in Knurled, Chrome or Steel with Precision OD
- Rubber-Cover Options Include Award-Winning Tiger Max & More
- Menges Engineers will Work with You to Perfect Design Details
- Widening Your Stock ? We Can Widen All the Rollers in the Line
- Custom Roller Cores Page
Coil Expander Rings
RUBBER EXPANDER RINGS FOR MANDRELS
SuperSpanders allow you to handle coils with any ID.
- Durable Rubber Rings Fit Over the Mandrel
- Expand with Mandrel Jaws
- Allows You to Handle Coils of Different Sizes (almost any ID)
- Prevents Mandrel from Rubbing Against Your Stock
- Helps to Keep Coil on the Mandrel
- Rubber Lasts for Years
- Custom-Made to Fit Your ID, OD & Width Specifications
- Coil Expander Rings Page
LET'S GET STARTED!
Upload Your Specs, Get your Project Quoted, Ask Us A Question
SERVICES FOR STEEL & ALUMINUM COIL PROCESSORS
Re-Cover Services (Urethane)
ROLLER RE-COVER SERVICES
Choose our award-winning Tiger Max urethane or another performance-grade specialty rollcover compound.
- Re-Cover Services for All Types of Rollers
- Seamless Rollcover Process (no build lines)
- Chemical & Abrasion-Resistant Compounds
- Choice of Durometer (hardness)
- Custom Blending & Testing Available
- Groove, Crown & Balancing Services to Accompany
- Quick Turnarounds of All Recovers
- Roller Re-Cover Services
Grooving Services for Coil Processors
Rollers involved in push, pull and belt-polishing operations can all benefit from Menges' grooving operations.
- Any Rubber or Urethane Roller Can be Grooved
- Chevron, Spiral Flute, Herringbone Patterns & More
- Computer-Controlled Groove Forming
- Services Completed In-House (unlike some competitors)
- May Accompany Crowning, High-Speed Balancing, etc.
- Grooving Services Page
OD Grinding Services
CYLINDRICAL OD GRINDING
Precision surface grinding from Menges gives press rollers new life.
- Precision Cylindrical OD Grinding Services
- Removes Wobble & Runout, Renews Concentricity
- Refreshes Surface, Removing Pitting & Marring
- Perfect for Leveler / Straightener / Flattening Machine Rollers
- Capacity to 10 Tons
- Cylindrical Grinding Page
ROLLER BALANCING SERVICES
At Menges, we recommend all rollers undergo complete dynamic balancing procedures at your specific linespeed.
- Menges Offeers Computer-Assisted Two-Plane Dynamic Balancing
- High-Speed Balancing at Your Designated Linespeed
- Prevents Vibration & Material Flutter
- Static Balancing to Prevent Loping & Roller/Material Friction
- Any Roller Can Be Balanced
- Often Accompanies Recover Services
- Roller Balancing Services
Roller Engineering Services
COMPLETE REPAIR SERVICES
Menges Roller has the most complete repair facility in the business.
- Journal Repair & Replacement
- New Journal Fabrication
- Bearing Race Resurfacing
- Advanced Shrink-Fit & MIG Welding Technology
- May Accompany Recovers & Other Services
- Rush Turnarounds & Emergency Services Available
- Roller Repair Services Page
Roller Engineering Services
STRENGTH TESTING & ROLLER ENGINEERING SERVICES
Our award-winning engineering team designs & tests rollers to perform perfectly for their process application.
- Solid Stress Analysis & Finite Element Analysis
- Load-Bearing Capacity & Strength Testing
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Thermal Modeling
- Ensures Rollers are Built Strong Enough for Their Task
- Prevents Over Engineering
- Engineering Services Page
Delivery to Midwest Coil Converters
ROLLER PICKUP & DELIVERY SERVICES
Pickup, delivery & trucking options to meet your deadlines.
- In-House Trucking for Large Midwest Zones
- Menges Employees Driving Menges Trucks
- For Speedy Turnarounds & Best Care of Rollers
- Nationwide Service via Trusted Suppliers
- Get a Quote
BENEFIT FROM OUR INNOVATION
Menges Roller has developed many innovative & original products and rollcover compounds.
Our Tiger Max urethane is the rollcover-of-choice for many converters & steel polishers.
Top-flight OEMs & large-scale plants rely Menges for new rollers & exact-fit replacement rollers.
And with a full array of repair services, plant managers trust their most critical rollers to Menges.
Call 847-487-8877 or click today to get started with an industry leader.
Our goal is to help you run faster, reduce waste and produce better products.
Menges Roller provides a multitude of specialized products & services for the metals sector.
We developed a special urethane rollcover compound to withstand the abrasion of steel & aluminum coils. We developed another unique rollcover formula to handle the harsh chemicals used in annealing. And with a capacity to make new rollers up to 10 tons & 33 feet long, we are your heavy-duty roller experts.
Menges even perfected the "SuperSpander" to protect coils while on the coil handeling mandrel. So take a close look at our long list of new roller products, service options, and accessories.
Then speak to a Menges Engineer: we'll offer practical, cost-effective solutions to your process challenges including bridle rollers, extra large rollers, and other industrial rollers.