Solutions for Paper & Paperboard Industries
Our Grooved Rollers & Other Unique Products Make Menges A Valued Partner
PRIMARY ROLLER PRODUCTS SUPPLIED TO THE PULP & PAPER INDUSTRY:
- Rubber Rollers: Menges manufactures new rubber rollers of all types, offering dozens of rollcover compounds
- Large Proccess Rollers: One of our key specialtrmat ies is large-forollers. Our capacity runs to 33 feet
- Chill Rollers: We’re leaders in double-shell rollers, with hot & cold-application rollers for laminating, coating, etc.
- Grooved Rollers: Menges Roller imparts precision groove patterns on rubber and aluminum rollers
- Nip Impression Paper: This handy product helps troubleshoot nip system pressure problems
SPECIALIZED SERVICES FOR THE PULP & PAPER SECTOR:
- Rubber Re-Cover Services: Menges offers recovers in specialized synthetic, rubber & silicone compounds
- Cylindrical Grinding: Calendar rollers can be trued-up and resurfaced, bringing them back to life
- Grooving & Serrating: We groove rubber rollers and aluminum rollers with any pattern imaginable to make grooved rollers
- Crowning: Our crowning services promote smoothly-stretched webs and reduce paper wrinkling
- Balancing: Paper-makers tend to run at high speeds. Our balancing services ensure vibration-free rotation
- Repairs: Journals tend to break-off or crack at paper mills, but Menges can replace or repair any journal
- Hardshell Plating & Finishes: Way beyond basic chrome, we offer plasma, matte, grip finishes, and more
- New Roller Design: Take advantage of our strength testing, load capacity modeling & thermal simulations
- New Roller Fabrication: Menges manufactures new precision-engineered rollers fit almost any process
- Acid Flushing of Chill Rollers: This maintenance service increases flowrates & maintains thermal transfer
- Delivery & Pickup Services: Menges offers in-house trucking to expedite recovers & minimize downtime
LETS GET STARTED!
The Menges Team will analyze your needs to determine the optimal roll configuration for your application.
Call 847-487-8877 or click our Request A Quote button and get started on industry-leading grooved rollers from Menges Roller Company – the leaders in double-shell technology. We’ll help you run faster, reduce waste, and produce a better product.
MORE ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS FOR THE PAPER INDUSTRY
Large Rubber Rollers for Paper Plants
NEW RUBBER ROLLERS – ANY SIZE – ANY FORMAT
New rollers from Menges are used by OEMs, mills and converters.
- Design, Manufacturing & Covering of New Rollers
- Designed to Meet Your Exact Specs, for Any Application
- Natural & Synthetic Rubbers
- Silicones in High-Release & Heat-Resistant Formulas
- EPDM, Hypalon, Nitrile, Urethnes & More
- Crowning, Grooving & High-Polish Finish Options
- High-Speed Balancing Available
- Rubber Rollers Page
New Roll Manufacturing
LARGE PROCESS ROLLER MANUFACTURING
Menges is your best choice for large paper industry process rolls.
- Double and Triple-Endplate Designs
- Carbon & Stainless Steels
- Length Capacity to 10 Meters (32.8 feet)
- Specialized Finishes Available (chrome, plasma, etc.)
- Precision OD Grinding Ensures Exact Diameters
- For Production Line Rebuilds, Replacement Rolls, OEMs
- Designed using FEA & Solid Stress Analysis (strength modeling)
- Large Process Rollers Page
Chill Roll Manufacturing
If your process requires hot or cold rolls, don’t take chances – go with Menges and go with the leader in double-shell technology.
- Double-Shell, Spiral-Baffle Designs
- Mono-Flow and Duo-Flow Configurations
- Designed with Award-Winning CFD Thermal Modeling Technology
- Capable of Temps from 20-600°F (10-315°C)
- Exact & Even Temperatures: Variances to +/-1 degree
- Chrome, Nickle and Specialty Finishes Available
- Utilized by Leading OEMs and Converters
- Custom-Fabricated to Meet Your Exact Thermal Specs
- Heat Transfer Rollers Page
OUR GROOVED ROLLERS
Few roller companies match our material capabilities & skill in grooving for this special value-added service.
- For Rubber-Covered or Aluminum Rollers
- Precision Milled with Computer-Controlled (CNC) Machines
- Diamond, Herringbone, Chevron, Spiral, Parallel & More
- For Liveshaft or Deadshaft Rollers
- May Be Combined with Recovers, Crowning or Balancing
- Grooving Services Page
Proof Nip Impression Paper
NIP IMPRESSION PAPER
This special laminate helps test your nip’s pressure profile and determine the optimal crown profile.
- Pressure-Sensitive Laminated Paper Product
- Inserted Directly into Nip System
- Visually Shows Areas of High Pressure & Low Pressure
- Helps Engineers Design Proper Crown Dimensions
- The First Step in Producing Even & Consistent Nip Pressure
- Nip Impression Paper Page
LETS GET STARTED!
Upload Your Specs, Get your Project Quoted, Ask Menges Engineers A Question About Our Grooved Rollers & Other Products
MORE ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS FOR THE PAPER INDUSTRY
Recovering of Felt Rolls
RUBBER ROLLER RE-COVER SERVICES
We’ll recover your roller with the high-performance elastomer of your choice, or blend a custom compound to meet your unique needs.
- Dozens of Compounds Available
- Silicones in High-Release and Heat-Resistant Blends
- EPDM, Hypalon, Nitrile, and More
- Urethanes including Tiger Max (abrasion & chemical resistant)
- Blended to Meet Your Durometer (20-90 Shore A)
- Finished with Groove, Crown & High-Polish Options
- Balanced to Customer-Specified Linespeed
- Re-cover Services Page
Calendar Roll Grinding
CYLINDRICAL (OD) GRINDING FOR CALENDAR ROLLS
Very few roller companies have this capacity – one of our most valuable services for the pulp & paper industry.
- Uniform Removal of Very Small Material Increments
- To “True-Up” Out-of-Round Rollers
- Reduces TIR (runout) of the Roller
- Provides a Very Smooth / Low-Ra Finish
- Perfect for Calendar Rollers or Those Requiring Exact OD
- Also Removes Old Chrome Plate (for chrome replating projects)
- Precision Grinding Services Page
Crowns are an important feature of many paper industry rollers.
- Parabolic Crowns Stretch the Material Flat
- Parabolics also ‘Even-Out’ Nip Pressure
- Extra-Long Rollers may also Require Parabolic Crowns
- Reverse-Parabolics Improve ‘Steering’ Properties
- Machined using Computer-Controlled (CNC) Machines
- Crowns may be Formed an Any Rubber Roller
- Crowning Services Page
Balancing of All Roller Types
Balancing is critical to the paper industry, given the high linespeeds.
- Two-Plane Dynamic Balancing at Specific Linespeeds
- Roller is Balanced & Tested at Full Rotary Motion
- Performed using Computer Controlled Balancing Machines
- Balancing Prevents Roller & Machine Vibration
- Static Balancing also Available (loping prevention)
- New Rollers are Pre-Balanced & Finish Balanced
- For Rubber Rollers, Chill Rollers, All Process Rollers
- Balancing Services Page
Journal Replacement and Repair
ROLLER REPAIR SERVICES
Menges offers the most comprehensive repair facility in the business.
- Journal Repair & Replacement
- Precision Fabrication of New Journals
- Shrink-Fit Techniques & Wire-Fed MIG Welding
- Core Repairs & Modifications
- Bearing Race Resurfacing
- Re-Threading of Siphon Tubes & Fitments
- Repairs often Accompany Recovers, New Chrome, etc.
- Roller Repair Services
Plasma Coats and More
FINISH & PLATING SERVICES
We offer a variety of protective finishes & plating options.
- For New Rollers or as Refurbishing Service
- Plasma / Thermal Sprayed Coats
- Tungsten Carbide and More
- Chrome (polished to mirror or any Ra value)
- Nickel and Corrosion Protection Options
- Matte Finishes with Acid Etching & Shot Blasting
- Specialty Finishes Page
Roll Design Services
NEW ROLLER DESIGN
Menges has an award-winning engineering department, designing rollers to meet exact performance requirements.
- Solid Stress Analysis & FEA for Strength Testing
- Increases Safety Factor & Prevents Under-Engineering
- Perfect for High-Pressure Nip Systems & Load Bearers
- CFD Thermal Modeling for Chill / Heat Transfer Rollers
- CFD Models Guarantee Target Temperature Achievement
- Ensure Low Temperature Variation (+/- 1°)
- Design & Engineering Services Page
Acid Flushing Services
ACID FLUSHING SERVICES
Extend chill roll life with this important maintenance service.
- Recommended as an Annual Maintenance Service
- Flushes Coagulated Chemicals, Rust and Mineral Scale
- For All Liquid-Filled Chill / Heat Transfer Rolls
- Menges uses Specially-Formulated Chemicals
- Increases Flow-Rates & Improves Thermal Transfer
- Extends Overall Life of Roller
- Acid Flushing Services
We Come to Your Plant
ROLLER PICKUP & DELIVERY SERVICES
Menges offers in-house roller pickup & delivery services.
- In-House Trucking Covering Wide Delivery Zones
- Reduces Turnaround Times & Eliminates Downtime
- Company-Owned Trucks & Menges Employees (no contractors)
- Ensures Proper Handling of Your Rollers
- Trucking & Shipping to Cover North America & Global Locations
- Submit Your Project for Quote
PRODUCTS & SERVICES DESIGNED FOR YOUR PLANT
Menges Roller Company has over 40 years of experience in the pulp & paper industry.
Our extra-large capacity suits the needs of those extra-large paper mill rollers.
And our wide selection of rollcover compounds means plant managers get exactly what they need.
Plus, with our extensive repair capabilities, we make sure your rollers are in solid working order.
Call 847-487-8877 or click today to contact one of our knowledgable, friendly engineers.
We can help you run faster, reduce wasste, and produce better products.
Menges Roller Company provides the pulp & paper sector with a valuable blend of product & service offerings including our grooved rollers.
With a capacity that extends to 10 meters (33 ft.), we manufacture the large-format rollers used in paper mills.
Our services include everything from recovering of rubber rollers to repairs (such as journal replacement), grooving, balancing, and a nice array of chill roll refinishing & maintenance services.
Located just 15 minutes from the Wisconsin border – Menges Roller has served the paper industry for 40+ years. We service many areas of the United States as well as various global areas.
Speak to a Menges Engineer and we’ll get to work cleaning-up those worn rollers or manufacturing new ones. We can also help you design and engineer the perfect rollers for your needs.